Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tender Juvenal and Tough Senior

I can say without hesitation that I knew nothing about "Love's Labour's Lost" before today. In fact, I don't think I would have remembered it as one of Shakespeare's plays. If I were to take a Sporcle quiz, it would have been the one I would never think of even with the 10 minutes allowed to take the quiz.

But, it's already really fun to read. Even though the first scene is the most interesting in terms of plot, and themes of intellect vs. hedonism, abstinence vs. indulgence, I actually feel like talking about the second scene with Armado and Moth.

Even though I didn't understand all of it, I was very amused and entertained. It sounded like a couple of kids who get into big arguments over the most insubstantial of topics.

And, it also reminded me of this:

No comments:

Post a Comment